Carrying extra kilos takes a toll on health. Obesity is the rootcause of many other health problems like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis, sleep apnea, respiratory problems and more.
If you are overweight and want to reduce it, there are many treatment options available. Sometimes it can be very taxing to start a weight loss journey as most of the time it is a long procedure. However, there are many options available and if carefully selected, you can get quick and effective results leading to a healthier life.
There are also plenty of fad diets to shed calories rapidly but may leave you feeling hungry and deprived of nutrition. Efforts to treat morbid obesity through diets, counselling and medications bring only short-term results.
To achieve permanent results, it is best to lose weight in a planned and systematic manner like weight loss surgery. Weight loss surgery is also known as bariatric or metabolic surgery. Bariatric surgery includes a variety of procedures that is performed in people with obesity.
Center of Metabolic Surgery (https://www.obesity-care.com/) is well know bariatric surgery center in Mumbai India headed by the best bariatric surgeon in Mumbai , known for safety & quality care. The Bariatric program has Center of excellence accreditation certifications.
In this laparoscopic procedure, , weight reduction is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach. The basic purpose of this is to restrict food intake , decrease absorption of food in stomach and intestines & induce hormonal changes which lead to significant & sustained weight loss besides other metabolic benefits.
Let us have a look at some benefits of weight-loss operations –
– Better quality of life: Weight loss reduction helps you to perform more activities like walking, jogging, swimming, cycling. Physical activities helps burn more fat, reduces insulin levels, and calms stress hormones. You are thus more confident and become active in the social circle.
– Fall in mortality rate: Obesity increases the risk of many diseases with a high mortality rate. But gastric weight loss surgeries significantly reduces the risk of death from metabolic syndrome as you can achieve approximately 70%- 100% of excess weight loss within 1-2 years of the surgery.
– Permanent weight loss: it is indeed possible with bariatric surgery and person’s commitment to dietary and lifestyle changes.
– Less need for medications: A significant amount of weight loss helps to resolve chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes, asthma, arthritis and more.
– Reduced risk of cancer: Obesity is linked to an increased risk of many cancers like ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer etc. If you undergo bariatric surgery, you will have a much lower chance of developing them.
If you are looking for safe surgery and sound results, connect with us today.